Here are the top reasons why you need vehicle insurance:
1. To avoid paying more – If you are in an accident situation, and find that you are at fault of the incident , then you’re most likely going to be held accountable for paying the cost of damages. With the proper amount of liability insurance coverage, the insurance company will definitely help you pay for some of the damage costs so that you’re not dead in the water financially.
2. It is stated under the Law – Almost every state in our country has laws that requires all drivers to have a set amount of insurance, especially in New York. At the very minimum, this insurance should have coverage for liability insurance that helps pay for any damages to property or other drivers in case an accident happens. If you’re caught driving without insurance coverage, you can face some hefty fines and a suspended license.
3. Protection for you and others – Vehicular accidents can happen at any time, to anyone, and in an unexpected place whether you’re alone or their are other people affected. Sometimes you can get in a wreck with another driver who does not have an insurance coverage, which leaves you paying for any other expenses. If you have liability insurance coverage and personal injury protection, it can help cover any injuries that you or your passengers survived from the crash. The medical bills from every hospital visit , surgery fee’s or charges acquired from first aid will be paid by your insurance company and will ultimately save you a lot of money and trouble.
4. You also have other coverage aside from accident situation – In reality, accidents is not the only worst thing that may happen to your vehicle. There’s always a chance that your car will get stolen, vandalized or damaged due to calamity. In case these happens, insurance companies has coverage that helps you get back on track by helping paying for the losses.
5. Supply Legal Protection – Victims of accidents will try to squeeze as much money out from you, which most of the time leads to lawsuits – even in situations where you are not at fault. Therefore, it is best if you have the proper auto insurance coverage so that the carrier will defend you in an event this happens.
6. Large Claims – In the event of a serious accident, which results in severe injuries or worse having an Umbrella Policy in place will give you a safe cushion between legal claims and your savings.