Getting the right commercial vehicle insurance coverage is a bit tricky, especially if you have multiple vehicles that need coverage to protect your business and investment. We have summed up all possible questions related to commercial vehicle insurance so we can help you learn more about it.
What is commercial vehicle insurance?
It provides protection against liability and property damage for any vehicle designated for business use. It is important to carry commercial auto insurance whether you are driving a vehicle that is dedicated for your business or drive a personal vehicle for business.
Do I need commercial vehicle insurance?
If you are a business owner and you have vehicles that you use for business purposes, Our answer is yes, you need it. Because your commercial vehicle insurance will protect you and your business from the costs of injury, liability claims and property damage that may incur during the use of your commercial vehicle.
I have a personal auto insurance, can I use it instead?
The personal vehicle insurance will not cover your vehicle used for business. Personal use will be covered for a company owned vehicle providing the company has commercial auto coverage. If you are driving your own vehicle to and from work without using your vehicle for commercial purposes then it would be covered under your personal auto policy.
How much does a commercial vehicle insurance cost?
The cost of a commercial vehicle insurance varies depending on the type of vehicle that needs coverage. Check the factors that affects the price of your commercial vehicle insurance here. For quote with the pricing contact us for immediate assistance.
What is covered under my commercial insurance policy?
Several types of coverage may be included in your commercial auto policy; others are options that you can purchase separately. You will also need to choose the coverage amounts (“limits”) and deductibles. Typical coverage offers include:
- Property damage liability
- Liability for bodily injury to others
- Optional bodily injury coverage for injuries that occur outside of the state in which you reside
- Personal injury to you and your employed drivers or passengers including medical expenses and lost wages
- Collision coverage for costs associated with an accident, regardless of who is at fault
- Comprehensive coverage for damage other than collision
- Medical payments coverage for the cost of hospitalization, treatment and funeral expenses
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage
- Non-owned auto coverage for when you or your employees drive a rented or borrowed vehicle
- Loading and unloading liability
- Substitution transportation when your commercial vehicle is being repaired and you use a loaner from the repair shop
- Towing and labor costs
When do I need commercial vehicle insurance?
You need commercial vehicle insurance for any vehicle that your company uses for business purposes, vehicles with commercial license plates or tags and any vehicle that was registered as a commercial auto.
You also need to get coverage if you have employees who are driving or using the vehicle in the course of doing business, such as making deliveries, driving people to the airport, running company errands, transporting industrial materials, hiring your vehicle out to tow other vehicles, delivering newspapers, trucking and freight transportation.
Where can I get commercial auto insurance?
There are several ways to get commercial vehicle insurance policies such as searching for quotes online, but you may not find the best coverage or rates through the internet. One of the best ways to get commercial vehicle insurance is through an independent agent. B Insured Agency Inc, is the most trusted insurance consultant in Monsey NY. Learn more about commercial vehicle insurance by calling one of our insurance agents at 845.578.9800